We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic and high calibre Aqua Instructors to join our ever growing and successful Lifestyles Health & Fitness team of Instructors.
This is an excellent opportunity for dynamic and experienced instructors to deliver aqua classes in a forward-thinking organisation ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction are experienced.
The successful applicants will be outstanding communicators and motivators who hold an industry recognised Aqua qualification.
The successful applicants will be required for shifts available at the Xcel Leisure Centre or on a casual basis to cover shifts across centres for mornings, days, evenings and weekends as per our class timetable, therefore a flexible approach to working is essential.
Interview to commence week beginning 1st November 2021.
Reporting to: group Exercise Coordinator
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Fitness Operations Manager and ‘Lifestyles’ Manager in the daily operation of Aqua Classes.
Main Duties of the Role
- To ensure the delivery of Group Exercise classes safely, efficiently and to a high standard.
- To assist in promoting and publicising the Group Exercise timetable and its associated activities/programme, particularly to the target groups of the Company.
- To visit venues outside of the Centre to promote the activities of the Fitness Suite / Company.
- To erect and dismantle equipment as required for particular sessions.
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to provision of the exercise studio.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times, and to respond to all customer enquiries/complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times, paying particular attention to the use of equipment.
- To ensure that the exercise studio is left in a clean and tidy state following the delivery of your class(es).
- To be aware and able to respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- The employee will be required to work and carry out the tasks as defined in the Employment Specification at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities between the facilities of the company.
- To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, by always maintaining high standards of personal appearance and adopting a friendly but professional approach to the public.
- To undertake other duties, as specified by Line or Senior Management which are appropriate to the level and general responsibilities of the post.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Good level of self-motivation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Provide support to others.
- Good listener.
- Professional pride.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Basic knowledge of working in the fitness industry.
- Experience of teaching aqua classes.
- A wide range of aqua qualifications and experience.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding Aqua classes.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Good Customer care skills.
- Y.M.C.A Exercise to music Instructor or equivalent.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate others.
- Good Standard of Literacy and Numeracy.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com