Buildings and Exhibitions Maintenance Technical Assistant
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Buildings and Exhibitions Maintenance Technician to support and be proactive in the delivery of high quality pre-planned and reactive buildings, environment, galleries/exhibitions and environmental control maintenance, inspection, testing and support at all sites across Culture Coventry as directed by the Visitor and Operations Managers.
The successful candidate will also carry out occupier support requests, as directed by the Estates Manager and will support the management and implementation of the Health & Safety and risk management programme across all buildings and activities managed by Culture Coventry.
Reporting to: Estates Manager
Culture Coventry Trust and Coventry Sports Foundation are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Culture Coventry Trust or Coventry Sports Foundation.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To support and be proactive in the delivery of high quality pre-planned and reactive buildings, environment, galleries/exhibitions and environmental control maintenance, inspection, testing and support at all sites across Culture Coventry as directed by the Visitor and Operations Managers.
To carry out occupier support requests, as directed by the Estates Manager.
To support the management and implementation of the Health & Safety and risk management programme across all buildings and activities managed by Culture Coventry.
Main duties of the role:
- Support and carry out pre-planned buildings, environs, galleries /exhibitions and environmental control maintenance programme, to required standards, as directed by the Estates Manager.
- Ensure that worksheets and maintenance records are kept up to date and securely as required.
- Support and manage, on site, suppliers and contractors as required and ensure that work is delivered to agreed standards and within agreed costs.
- Report any failures or persistent problems to the Estates Manager.
- To support the management and implementation of Health and Safety and risk across all buildings and activities.
- Contribute proactively to energy consumption reduction initiatives and action plans.
- Provide emergency out of hours support in the event of a disaster or other major event at which the Estates Manager requests attendance.
- Support and carry out occupier support requests, such as office and staff relocations, caretaking and janitorial activity, and emergency cleaning to ensure safe and clean working and public environments.
- Attend and contribute at exhibitions and events planning meetings to establish and agree support required for temporary exhibitions and events.
- To maintain appropriate and relevant central Health and Safety records and documentation.
- To support with the effective implementation of Health and Safety management including legislative, Health and Safety policies, risk management, customer care and staff obligations. Maintain current awareness on all Health & Safety issues and support any appropriate change management thereon.
- Support creation, prepare, build, risk assess, transport, install, dismantle and store exhibitions and events equipment as directed. This includes, but is not limited to, interactive equipment, mounts, plinths, AV, lighting equipment and all other gallery/event content including buildings interfaces.
- Deliver an effective customer service by ensuring all agreed maintenance requests are performed within agreed costs, to the required standards and within agreed service levels and timescales.
- Always maintain a professional and courteous manner with colleagues, visitors, contractors, supplies and official bodies.
- A driving licence will be required to ensure the most efficient contact with external bodies and support Culture Coventry Trust’s external policy.
- Ensure that working areas are and equipment are kept in a clean, tidy and safe order at all times.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- A flexible approach to work with the willingness and ability to work outside standard hours on occasion.
- Be able to take initiative.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and deliver outcomes within deadlines.
- Ability to manage time and tasks effectively.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Proficient and safe use of hand tools, cleaning equipment, BMS, PPE, plant manuals and drawings, office equipment.
- Safe handling and proficient use of materials.
- Operate machinery as required for the role.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety standards.
- Ability to plan and deliver inspections and preventative maintenance programme.
- Able to identify problems and implement solutions, including specification of contract requirements, obtaining competitive quotes and monitoring workings by external contractors.
- Be competent in the use of ladders, steps and scaffolding.
- Be able to prepare internal and external displays including creating, install, maintenance, conservation and cleaning.
- Working knowledge of computerized buildings management systems.
- Working knowledge of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- Working knowledge of fire detection, intruder and security systems.
Essential Special Skills
- Qualification or experience within carpentry and woodworking
- An understanding of the museum environment and programme of activities.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org