The successful candidates will have a proven record of management within the Leisure Industry and ideally hold a relevant Sports/Leisure Management qualification, have good organisational, planning, administration, IT and communication skills and be able to work on their own initiative. Working knowledge and experience of the day-to-day management of a Leisure facility with an aquatic offer is essential
Reporting to the company’s Operations Manager, the Centre Managers will be responsible for all aspects of the management of Centre AT7 or Xcel Sports Centre and for managing the unique partnerships that exist with key user groups.
Applicants should possess the necessary range of management skills, have a proven ability to manage people and be self-motivated, enthusiastic, reliable and committed to the social objectives of the Company.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
Responsible for : Duty Managers, Lifeguards, Recreation Attendants, Receptionists, Cleaners, Maintenance.
Reporting to : Operations Manager
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of Your position.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To be directly responsible for the day to day management of the Centre and its associated facilities.
Main duties of the role:
- To be constantly involved in all areas of the Company’s Policy and Procedure reviews and manage such implementation and applications of policy within the Sports Centre environment.
- To be responsible for ensuring all statutory requirements within the facility are adhered to.
- To organise and monitor all aspects of personnel and staffing within the facilities including staffing levels, rota’s, cover, holidays, absenteeism and progress reviews, and to support employment procedures in accordance with HR policy.
- To ensure that all Centre Staff project a professional, friendly and presentable image of the Company at all times.
- To be responsible for mentoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To structure and organise communication networks within the various departments within the Centre and lead meetings as appropriate.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications, up-to-date knowledge of the fitness industry and standards of good practice; and to organise as is necessary for staff to ensure that their qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To work with the Operations Manager and other Centre Managers within the Company to develop complementary marketing campaigns to continually strive to increase usage and revenue generation.
- To manage the booking and programming of activities/facilities in the Centre achieving the appropriate balance between the Company social objectives and revenue generation. Also ensuring that appropriate levels of ‘pay and play’ space is constantly available.
- To liaise regularly with internal and external partners and sub-contractors to ensure that all partnership and delivery standards are met.
- To lead on the organisation of large events within the Centre and work with the Community Development Team and the Commercial & Business Partnerships Manager to organise community-based events.
- To order and maintain equipment levels, ensuring that all equipment within the Centre is appropriate for its use and that it is checked regularly as part of Health & Safety risk assessments and operating procedures.
- To ensure that daily site inspections are conducted to ensure the earliest possible identification of health & safety risks, maintenance and cleaning issues.
- To ensure that the Centre’s facilities are constantly maintained, cleaned and presented to the highest of standards as could be expected within any similar facility within the leisure sector.
- To ensure that the servicing of all equipment within the Centre is kept up to date.
- To ensure that all services are delivered with the highest standards of customer care, and that all customer enquiries/complaints are dealt with and recorded both promptly and effectively.
- To monitor and respond to any issues of security (in relation to the premises, staff, users, sub-contractors and visitors) and to respond to alarm call outs as a designated ‘key holder’.
- To work Duty Management shifts as required, in covering shifts during times of holidays and absenteeism.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports.
- To work with the Operations Manager in the development of annual budgets and ensure through regular monitoring that the facility is working within budget.
- To produce periodic reports for the Operations Manager in relation to performance targets, staffing, programming etc.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Personal attributes ( Essential )
• Presentable in personal appearance.
• Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
• Approachability to staff.
• Positive assertiveness.
• High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
• Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
• Honest, reliable & trustworthy.
• Show a flexible approach to work.
• Supportive qualities that will encourage staff in their pursuit of personal goals.
• Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
• High standards in relation to the presentation of facilities and staff
Knowledge and Experience (Essential)
• Working knowledge & experience of the day to day management of a Sports Centre (both dry & wet-side facilities).
• Knowledge of Health & Safety practices within a Sports Centre environment.
• Experience of cash handling.
• Experience in business planning, budget and financial analysis / management processes.
• Experience of security practices & procedures.
• Knowledge of IT (Microsoft Office, Outlook etc)
• Experience in the implementation of policies and procedures.
• Previously held a management position.
• Experience in the development & marketing of facilities/activities.
Knowledge and Experience (Desirable)
• Knowledge of usage trends in the current market.
• Knowledge of funding opportunities for activities in disadvantaged communities.
• Experience of market research.
• Experience of an EPOS system.
• Pool plant maintenance experience.
• Experience in writing risk assessments.
• Experience of organising and leading operationally
• Training sessions for groups and individuals.
Special skills (Essential)
• Consultative leadership and people management skills.
• Ability to work on own initiative & lead a team of people.
• Ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
• Confidentiality in relation to issues of personnel.
• Organisational, planning and administration skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Experience in problem solving.
• Mentoring skills for more junior members of staff.
• Customer care skills.
• Time Management skills.
• Ability to manage budgets.
• Good listening skills.
Special skills (Desirable)
• Report writing skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Event management.
General intelligence (Essential)
• Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
• Hold a recognised Management qualification or relevant experience in a managerial position.
• Membership of relevant professional / governing bodies.
• NRASTC Pool Lifeguard qualified or equivalent.
• First Aid qualification.
• Pool plant qualification
• Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Ability to be on call to attend at short notice.
• Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
• DBS Clearance
• Interest in working with under-represented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals
If you have any enquiries, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org