CVLife is looking for enthusiastic and reliable individuals to undertake duties as a cleaner.
The successful applicants will be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness are met in and around the centre and have a understanding of the importance of customer service. You will be expected to achieve a level of service by being highly attentive to detail and be capable of delivering consistent standards.
We are looking for someone with a can-do attitude, a team player, who can also use their own initiative and is willing to help in all areas when needed.
The principal place of employment will be Xcel Leisure Centre and the successful applicants will be required to work; days, early mornings, evenings and weekends; therefore, a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Reporting to: Duty Manager
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
The cleaning of all areas as specified in the cleaning schedule to the required standard and at the correct frequencies.
Main Duties of the Role
- Provide a cleaning service as directed on a daily basis by the Duty Manager.
- To complete the cleaning schedule on a daily basis as required and to return completed schedules to the Duty Manager each week.
- The use of mechanical means where required to maintain areas to the required standard.
- Ensuring that the correct levels of consumables are maintained in each toilet area.
- Replenishing chemical and cleaning stocks to the required level in the cleaning store room through the nominated supplier, using the specified ordering methods under the guidance of the Contracts Manager.
- Ensuring that all cleaning materials and chemicals are used in accordance with the manufacturers specifications and stored in the correct manner.
- Using machinery correctly and safely, reporting any faults to the Duty Manager as and when they occur and maintaining the equipment in a clean condition.
- Using personal protective equipment as required in accordance with manufacturers recommendations and Centre policy.
- Ensuring that all waste bins are emptied daily and new waste sacks fitted and that each bin is kept in a clean and hygienic condition. To ensure that all waste paper is kept separate and disposed of in the recycling facilities.
- Removal of all such waste to the skip provided each day. Clinical waste to yellow clinical waste bins
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Friendly, adaptable and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge of Health and Safety policies and procedures relating to use of chemicals.
- Working knowledge and experience of day to day duties.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to follow guidelines and schedules as specified by Line Manager.
Essential Special Skills
- To understand and follow written instructions.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com