Community & Sports Educator
This is an exciting opportunity to be a Community and Sport Educator who has a passion for delivering educational sporting programmes. Are you enthusiastic and passionate about physical activity and well-being and can inspire young people to be physically active for life? Are you passionate about making a difference to young people through sport?
CVLife are looking for a Community and Sport Educator to assist with the organisation, development and delivery of all aspects of our Schools PE and Community Engagement Programme. You will plan, deliver and evaluate coaching sessions in line with the National Curriculum to a number of schools across Coventry. Working for CVLife gives you the opportunity to provide a wide range of sporting, recreational, educational, and social activities to under-represented and disadvantaged community groups and individuals within Coventry.
Skills, experience and attributes:
- Has some experience of working with young people in various settings.
- Enjoys creating positive sporting experiences.
- Capable of organising and facilitating educational sessions.
- Ability to travel across a number of sites in Coventry during your working week.
- Experience of coaching or teaching young people would be an advantage.
- Has the confidence to work well both individually and as part of a team when delivering coaching sessions.
- Highly organised and able to manage, organise, deliver and evaluate multiple projects.
- Has experience of utilising marketing and communications platforms to promote and develop programme initiatives.
- Has a level 1 NGB qualification or equivalent.
- Has an Emergency First Aid qualification
Working mainly weekday afternoons, minimum of 24 hours a week. There may be occasional weekend work during events. Working hours and pattern can be discussed at the interview.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
Please click on this link for further details: https://cvlife.co.uk/dbs/
Reporting to: Education Manager
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
The purpose of this position is to assist with the organisation, development, and delivery of all aspects of the Schools PE and Community Engagement Programme.
Main Duties of the Role
- To deliver the allocated number of coaching sessions to those schools that appear on the rota.
- To plan and evaluate sessions in line with the National Curriculum.
- To deliver coaching sessions in a manner that reaches the objectives of schools and community outreach programme.
- To deliver coaching sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and social objectives, adhering to a project’s unit and lesson plans.
- To attend events, meetings, and activity promotion as directed by a manager.
- To maintain all administration records relation to coaching sessions, as directed by a manager.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure the adequate standards of Health and Safety considerations are always maintained in accordance with Health and Safety Policy.
- To report all losses and damages.
- To respond to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To perform any reasonable duties as requested by the Manager.
- To continue with self-development to progress through the Community Development structure at CV Life.
- To attend annual progress reviews.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Ability to work on our initiative and lead a team of people.
- Adaptable and have a flexible approach to work.
- Always maintain a professional image.
- Ability to be positively persuasive to motivate individuals and teams.
- Ability to lead by example and take responsibility.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of the group.
- Experience of planning and delivering physical activity session in out of school hours learning provision.
- Good understanding of safeguarding, health and safety and equity principles, policies, and procedures.
- At least one Level 1 NGB qualification or equivalent.
- Emergency First Aid qualification.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to plan & deliver high quality, varied & effective coaching sessions.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Availability to attend regular staff meeting and training.
- Enhanced DBS Clearance.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com