About the role
CV Life are seeking to appoint a Development Manager to lead on grants, fundraising, developing partnerships and bid writing. CV Life supports and celebrates creativity and innovation through its exhibitions and galleries, engagement and education programmes and community (place-based) work.
We are looking for candidates who have a strong track record of fundraising from Trusts, Foundations and other sources and who will be able to take responsibility for income generation and building partnerships.
Interviews will be held week commencing 6th June 2022.
Reporting to: Corporate Strategy Manager
Culture Coventry Trust and Coventry Sports Foundation are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Culture Coventry Trust or Coventry Sports Foundation.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
This position falls within a shared-services working arrangement agreed between the respective Boards of Directors / Trustees of CV Life; Culture Coventry Trust; Coventry Sports Foundation; and the associated group Companies / Trusts, which allows for the sharing of posts and associated services where appropriate and of benefit to the work of the organisations and their respective objectives.
The Development Manager role focuses on realising the strategic development of a fundraising programme, to include public funding, charitable trusts, and major and individual donors. It covers the identification and recruitment of new partners and stakeholders; the management of existing key stakeholder relationships with public, private and partnership funders of CV Life’s work; communications connected to the development role both externally and internally; and a wider contribution to the development of specific projects of the company. The Development Manager will research prospects, co-author, and develop funding bids and proposals working with Trusts and Foundations, corporate partners, individuals, and government and lottery funders. They will collaborate with colleagues to ensure that reporting to partners is timely and compelling.
Main duties of the role:
- Set and achieve ambitious fundraising goals which allow CV life to fulfil its ambitious plans, alongside creating and managing a long-term fundraising strategy to support CV life’s programme and infrastructure.
- Manage CV Life’s fundraising activities across areas of activity including, stakeholder management, sponsorship, individual giving and legacy giving.
- Write bids and proposals to achieve funding target.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team (SLT), set and achieve fundraising targets, showing year onyear growth in activity and results.
- Act as a member of the Senior Management Team, contributing to business planning and helping toshape Development strategy for the organisation.
- Contribute to the budget planning process.
- Manage Development budgets and prepare financial data e.g. Gift aid returns.
- Identify future key partners and stakeholders and build relationships with potential and existing
- Manage CV Life’s relationship with key funders, maximising revenue and project funding.
- Raise income in collaboration with key partner organisations where appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues to ensure that reporting to partners is timely and compelling.
- Working closely with key individuals across wider teams within the Trust, including Monitoring and
- Evaluation, Marketing and Communications, Finance and HR as required.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- A passion for creativity, the arts and leisure activities.
- Self-motivated and self-directing, able to identify, organise and prioritise projects/work.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Coventry and the West Midlands and its diverse communities.
- Proven track record of designing and implementing sustainable strategies to achieve successful fundraising activities.
- Proven track record of successful grant bid-writing in the charity Sector.
- Experience in researching and identifying a wide range of funders.
- Ability to effectively work with individuals in leadership positions, such as Board members, funders/donors, and community leaders.
- Planning and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Experience of budget development and management, and an understanding of management accounts.
- Proven ability to manage and grow a list of active and significant donors.
- Experience of designing and managing digital fundraising campaigns.
- Competent across IT and software, including a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, and willingness to learn other software programmes and digital tools quickly.
- Knowledge of relevant charity and tax laws.
Essential Special Skills
- A personal and professional interest in the arts, culture and heritage and the environment
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals ours on occasion.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com