CV Life is seeking to employ an enthusiastic individual who will be required to undertake duties as a Duty Manager.
The ideal candidate for this full time position will work well under pressure and will have working knowledge and experience of the day to day management of a sports and leisure centre; including reception, pool, health and fitness and dealing with customers in a friendly and efficient manner.
Good organisation and people management skills are essential, as the successful applicant will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities, whilst
managing staff on duty. You will have a specific responsibility for preparing weekly staff rotas and assisting the Centre Manager with special events bookings.
You will therefore need to demonstrate excellent IT skills.The principle places of employment will be Centre AT7 and the successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings, weekends and bank holidays; therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
A recognised pool lifeguard qualification is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
• To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
• To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
• To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
• To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
• To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
• To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
• To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
• To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
• To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities, and to supervise all staff on duty.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
• Determination to succeed
• Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
• Adaptable and approachable.
• High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
• Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
• Flexible approach to work and working hours
• Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
• Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT.
• Knowledge of Data Protection Regulations
• General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
• Knowledge of financial procedures
• Leadership skills
• Team management skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Organisational and administration skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Customer care skills.
• Time management skills.
• Professional telephone manner.
• Good listening skills.
• A recognised management qualification
• First Aid at Work Qualification
• Pool Plant Qualification
• Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Able to travel between sites during the working day.
• DBS Clearance
|Closing Date||1st March 2021|
|Hours||37.5 Hours (3 week rota)|