About the role
We are looking for a Finance Assistant to join our small but busy team, to support the Management Accountant in the provision of quality financial management services to all Corporate Entities and to provide support and guidance on the financial administration of the trust’s services, securing the most effective use of all financial resources available.
We are looking for candidates who:
Are able to work on own initiative, works well under pressure with a hands on approach in a busy finance office without compromising on accuracy, and are able to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines.
A sound understanding of financial management policies and procedures and a sound working knowledge of Sage Accounting Software are essential, along with experience of managing accounts to book keeping standard, covering credit control, bank and credit card reconciliations and supplier payments.
Reporting to: Management Accountant
Culture Coventry Trust and Coventry Sports Foundation are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Culture Coventry Trust or Coventry Sports Foundation.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To support the Management Accountant in the provision of quality financial management services to all Corporate Entities and to provide support and guidance on the financial administration of the trust’s services, securing the most effective use of all financial resources available.
This position falls within a shared-services working arrangement agreed between the respective Boards of Directors / Trustees of CV Life; Culture Coventry Trust; Coventry Sports Foundation; and the associated group Companies / Trusts, which allows for the sharing of posts and associated services where appropriate and of benefit to the work of the organisations and their respective objectives.
Main Duties of the Role
- To provide effective support to the Management Accountant in regard to the effective financial management of all Corporate Entities and ensure the dissemination of all appropriate information to the department managers.
- To assist the Management Accountant with appointed external auditors in the productions of annual statutory accounts and returns ensuring the accuracy, integrity and probity of all data contained therein.
- To ensure the accuracy and integrity of the nominal, purchase and sales ledgers using Sage Accounting software.
- To create sales invoices, manage sales ledger and be responsible for the credit control function. Raise purchase orders, input purchase invoices and manage timely payment of invoices each month.
- In conjunction with the Management Accountant and where necessary, liaise with HMRC, the Corporate Entities’ banks and other relevant financial parties. To produce all necessary returns ensuring their integrity and accuracy.
- Bank all cheques and cash as required, empty and count donations boxes and post all the necessary transactions to the accounting software.
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Works well under pressure with a hands on approach in a busy finance office without compromising on accuracy.
- Able to prioritise workload effectively to meet deadlines.
- A high level of accuracy and the understanding of the importance of such.
- Clear understanding of the importance of confidentiality.
- Able to apply numeric and thorough analytical skills, in order to produce accurate, timely and meaningful information.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Sound understanding of financial management policies and procedures.
- Experience of working in small and busy finance office.
- Sound working knowledge of Sage Accounting Software.
- Experience of managing accounts to book keeping standard, covering credit control, bank and credit card reconciliations and supplier payments.
- Experience of handling cash, petty cash and online business banking.
- Experience of SORP accounting guidelines, end of year accounts and external liaison with auditors would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of legislative obligations as a charitable trust.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- High level of IT and spreadsheet skills.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com