Fitness Instructor – GP Referral
CV Life is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionate Fitness Instructor with a GP referral qualification to join our ever growing and successful Lifestyles Health and Fitness team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Fitness Operations Manager in delivering health related programs such as Covid and Cancer health referral programs. This is a great opportunity to help assist people to live happier and healthier lives.
Candidates must have Level GP Referral qualification as well as having a keen desire to learn new skills and aid with new developments through digital integration.
Successful applicants must be able to travel between CV Life sites and may be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
Please click on this link for further details: https://cvlife.co.uk/dbs/
To apply for this role, please send your CV to Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Reporting to: Health and Fitness Operations Manager
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Fitness Operations Manager in the daily operation of the Fitness Suite.
Main duties of the role:
- To supervise the delivery of health and fitness sessions and maintain systems for customer record keeping of progress.
- To provide introduction sessions regarding equipment usage to all new users and induction / fitness testing sessions as required.
- To assist in promoting and publicising the Fitness Suite and its associated activities / programme, particularly to the target groups of the Company.
- To visit venues outside of the Centre to promote the activities of the Fitness Suite / Company.
- To erect and dismantle equipment as required for particular sessions.
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to provision of the fitness suite.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times, and to respond to all customer enquiries/complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times, paying particular attention to the use of equipment.
- To ensure that the Fitness Suite is cleaned and maintained to a standard that is appropriate to the demands and concerns of all users.
- To be aware and able to respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
- The instructor ensures they access the rehab referral portal / email to down load new referrals.
- The instructor makes contact with new / current referrals and arranges consultation visits and times.
- The instructor makes contact with referrals as a follow up through there 12 week programme.
- Client assessments and exercise prescription in line with L3 GP referral / L4 Pulmonary Rehab.
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Good level of self-motivation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Experience of working within a fitness suite.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding fitness suite facility.
- Y.M.C.A. Fitness Instructor or equivalent.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
- Other fitness related qualification.
- Level 3 GP Referral qualification.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others.
- Organisation skills.
- Ability to recognise and resolve any problems which may arise when dealing with all types of customer, including those with specific needs.
- Basic IT knowledge and Literacy.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
- DBS Clearance required.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com