CV Life is seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and passionat Fitness Instructor to join our ever growing and successfu Lifestyles Health and Fitness team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for assisting the Fitness Operations Manager in the daily operation of our Fitness Suites. Key roles will include providing gy inductions, completing personal programmes & booking reviews to monitor progress, fitness assessments an obtaining & developing knowledge on the Wellness Key packages we offer to our members.
Candidates must have an industry recognised qualification and hold a Group Cycle qualification, as well as having keen desire to learn new skills and aid with new developments through digital integration.
The principle place of employment will be Moat House Leisure Centre and successful applicants may be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Fitness Operations Manager in the daily operation of the Fitness Suite.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main duties of the role:
- To supervise the delivery of health and fitness sessions and maintain systems for customer record keeping of progress.
- To provide introduction sessions regarding equipment usage to all new users and induction / fitness testing sessions as required.
- To assist in promoting and publicising the Fitness Suite and its associated activities / programme, particularly to the target groups of the Company.
- To visit venues outside of the Centre to promote the activities of the Fitness Suite / Company.
- To erect and dismantle equipment as required for particular sessions.
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to provision of the fitness suite.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times, and to respond to all customer enquiries/complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health and Safety are maintained at all times, paying particular attention to the use of equipment.
- To ensure that the Fitness Suite is cleaned and maintained to a standard that is appropriate to the demands and concerns of all users.
- To be aware and able to respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety policy.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Personal attributes ( Essential )
• Approachability to staff and customers
• Ability to motivate others
• Good level of self-motivation
• Outwardly enthusiastic and confident
• Flexible approach to work
• Supportive to others
• Good listener
Knowledge and Experience ( Essential )
• Experience of working within a fitness suite
• General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding fitness suite facility
Special skills ( Essential )
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision
- Ability to use own initiative
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills
- Ability to encourage and motivate others
- Organisation skills Ability to recognise and resolve any problems which may arise when dealing with all types of customer, including those with specific needs
Special skills ( Desirable )
• Ability to recognise and resolve any problems which may arise when dealing with all types of customer, including those with specific needs
General intelligence ( Essential )
• Basic IT knowledge and literacy
Qualifications ( Essential )
• Y.M.C.A. Fitness Instructor or equivalent
• Official Spinning Qualification or willingness to gain at own expense.
Qualifications ( Desirable )
• Desire to further training and career development prospects
• Other fitness related qualifications
• First aid qualification
• Health and Safety qualification
Circumstances ( Essential )
• Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
• DBS clearance
Circumstances ( Desirable )
- Broader interest relating to sport and leisure