Food & Beverage Assistant
We are looking
for Food and Beverage Assistants to join our team at the Wave complex a
600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre and The Alan Higgs
Centre in preparation of the new 50 metre pool opening soon, to provide a
front-line customer service function in terms of the bar and service areas,
serving drinks and snacks, and preparing food as required. We require
individuals with experience or an understanding in cash – handling procedures
and cash ups.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that the
Bar Serveries, Kiosk and Customer Areas, are cleaned and maintained to the
standard laid down in Company procedures, and associated paperwork is carried
out as required.
Successful applicants will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends and be available to work on Events and Functions across all CV Life’s facilities; , therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure that the Café/ Bar Services provided by CV Life meet the demands and requirements of Centre users, whilst Company Policies are being adhered to and Service Expectations are being met.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values
of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and
fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to
your specific role.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe
environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s
Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant,
reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and
development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as
required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly
and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when
dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either
operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing
of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To
generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always
maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
- To provide a front-line customer service function in terms of the bar and service areas, serving drinks and snacks, and re-heating food as required
- To be involved in cash – handling procedures, cash ups and responsible for till balances.
- To ensure that the Bar Serveries, Kiosk and Customer Areas, are cleaned and maintained to the standard laid down in Company procedures, and associated paperwork is carried out as required.
- To liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager regarding any aspects of extraordinary maintenance and cleaning.
- To Liaise with the Food and Beverage Manager and Catering Co-Ordinator in terms of stock requirements
- To be available to work on Events and Functions as requested
- To be familiar with and work within all operating policies and procedures appropriate to the Bar provision. Especially in relation to completing bar diaries, the Companies stock procedures, health and safety and food hygiene regulations.
- To maintain all storage and cellar areas in a clean and tidy condition and ensure bar areas are stocked as directed, bearing in mind stock rotation.
- To ensure that a high standard of customer care is maintained at all times and to respond to all customer enquiries or complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To attend any relevant meetings and training.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels as of 19th February 2019.
- Enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work and working patterns.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of bar work.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Experience of dealing with groups and functions.
- Knowledge of cellar procedures.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety issues relating to a catering environment.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- BIIB Barpersons Qualification
- Food hygiene certificate.
- First aid qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank
- Ability to work a split shift
- Ability to travel across sites