Group Fitness Coordinator (Fixed Term contract – Maternity cover)
Reference Number: XL184
Closing Date: 31st December 2023
Hours: 37.5 hours (fixed term contract to cover maternity leave until March 2025)
Rate of Pay: £24,375 per annum
We are looking for a high-calibre and enthusiastic Group Fitness Coordinator to join our Lifestyles Health & Fitness Management Team to aid with the development and growth of the Group Exercise Program at our facilities at CVLife. This is a fixed term contract to cover maternity leave.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assisting the Lifestyles Managers with various duties and taking ownership and responsibility for certain tasks such as preparing staff rotas and coordinating exercise to music classes across the five sites.
- Pro-actively get involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities and launches in relation to group exercise classes.
- Has a working knowledge and experience of the day-to-day management of staff and programmes.
- Support the Lifestyles Managers in customer retention.
- Being visible, polite, professional, approachable, and self-motivated to ensure staff are achieving high standards.
- An enthusiastic individual who has good leadership and people managing skills and has an organised mind.
- A keen interest and understanding of Fitness Centres and the delivery of group exercise classes would be an advantage.
Great development opportunity available to gain your Exercise to Music Qualification!
Mon – Fri 9-5. Working pattern can be flexible with hours and days to suit. Hiring manager is happy to discuss individual working options to suit both the applicant and the business.
Apply today and Join Our Team!
Reporting to: Health and Fitness Operations Manager
Responsible for: Group Exercise Leaders
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To manage the Lifestyles Group Exercise programme for CVLife, including organisation of customer service, staffing, marketing and programming.
Main duties of the role:
- The organisation and monitoring of all aspects of staffing within the Lifestyles facilities Group Exercise to Music programme, to include staffing levels, rota’s, cover, holidays, absenteeism.
- To develop and promote specialist classes in all areas.
- To deliver sessions as required for holiday / sickness cover for Lifestyles instructors.
- To ensure weekly facility site inspections of the studio are conducted (including studio-based equipment), highlighting Health & Safety, cleaning and maintenance issues that require attention and a list of actions (prioritised) required to ensure the Lifestyles facilities are maintained to a high standard.
- To provide in house staff training where required and hold annual progress reviews with all Group Exercise Instructors.
- To hold regular staff meetings with Group Exercise Instructors and attend relevant departmental meetings.
- To provide weekly and monthly analysis of class statistics relating to usage and key performance indicators.
- Attend regular meetings with the Health and Fitness Operations Manager to report on all areas within the Group Exercise to Music facilities/program and develop future initiatives.
- To organise and deliver customer/member forums and feedback sessions and communicate information to the Health and Fitness Operations Manager and Memberships Sales Manager.
- Attend regular meetings with the Manager to report on all areas within the Group Exercise to Music facilities/program and develop future initiatives with the management teams.
- To liaise and work closely with the Health and Fitness Operations Manager and Memberships Sales Manager on issues relating to customer service and retention.
- To work with the Manager in the development of annual budgets and ensure through regular monitoring that the designated areas are working within budget.
- To work with the Centre Managers to develop, implement and maintain Health & Safety policies within the Lifestyles Exercise Studio.
- To structure and organise communication networks within the Lifestyles department and lead meetings as appropriate.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice and organise as is necessary for Lifestyles Instructors to ensure that their qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To be responsible for ensuring that staff qualifications and training records are kept up to date at all times and organise external training in line with budgets.
- To be responsible for mentoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports.
- To ensure that all company policies and priorities are communicated to Lifestyles staff along with reports in relation to monthly performance targets.
- To be pro-actively involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities linked with the work of the company, and carry out regular checks on internal promotional material (i.e. leaflets) to ensure correct information and appropriate levels are available.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required by the Manager or other member of the Management team to promote the activities of the company.
- To build and maintain the Lifestyles class booking system.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
- To co-operate with managers and colleagues to ensure environmental responsibilities are complied with.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- Approachability to staff.
- Positive assertiveness.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Honest, reliable & trustworthy.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Supportive qualities that will encourage staff in their pursuit of personal goals.
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
- High standards in relation to the presentation of facilities and staff
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Basic knowledge of working in the fitness industry.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding exercise to music classes.
- Knowledge of good practices within fitness facilities management.
- Health & Safety practices within a fitness facility environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, to use emails, update spreadsheets, writes reports etc.
- Basic IT Knowledge.
- Y.M.C.A Exercise to music Instructor or equivalent.
Essential Special Skills
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Numeracy skills to produce statistics and monitor budgets.
- Good communication skills.
- Good customer care skills.
- Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Confidentiality in relation to issues of personnel.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others
- Consultative leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com