Health & Wellbeing Officer
CVLife is seeking to recruit a high-calibre and enthusiastic health & wellbeing officer to join our Lifestyles Health & Fitness Management Team, to aid with the development and growth of health and wellbeing programmes.
Ideally looking for an experience individual with knowledge of health and rehab related referral programmes, with a fitness or health sector background, to lead existing and new wellbeing initiatives, in a forward thinking organisation – ensuring the highest levels of customer satisfaction are experienced.
The successful applicants will have good leadership, organisation and planning skills and be an outstanding communicator and motivator; showing positive assertiveness to a strong team of instructors.
The successful applicant may be required to work early mornings, evenings and weekends. You will be required to travel to public events and across sites in a working day, therefore a flexible approach to working is essential.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To be responsible for the management and development of health and rehab related programmes within the Wellness department
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed in the future depending upon the operational requirements and staffing levels.
Main Duties of the Role
- To Support the Wellness Manager in developing and pursuing new opportunities, targeting specific public health priorities and national / local health initiatives.
- Link with statutory, voluntary, charitable, and commercial organisations to provide appropriate exit routes from the programmes for clients in order assist in tackling health issues and increase physical activity and reducing inequalities in health.
- To coordinate all health and rehab related programmes inclusive of staffing, facility bookings and session content where applicable.
- Maintain and develop new partnerships with key agencies, health professionals, communities and organisations to establish and provide structured patient exercise and education programmes.
- To be responsible for mentoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and for the professional development of staff working on health and wellbeing programmes.
- Using management information systems (e.g. usage and participation) to improve provision and timetables and cope with fluctuations in demand.
- Ensure staff deliver a high quality service within the Lifestyles exercise referral and rehab programmes, including customer consultations, open sessions, programming (including set appointments and follow ups), health and safety and customer service
- To deliver sessions across the wellbeing programmes when required and monitor and adapt programme’s contents accordingly.
- Increase and maintain high levels of uptake, encourage new ideas to increase participation and retention to wellbeing and physical activity via programmes.
- To actively promote and market all health and wellbeing services, to raise the profile of the department and demonstrate its value to target audiences.
- To be responsible for recruitment within the wellbeing section of Lifestyles, ensuring coordination with the Sales and Fitness Operation Manager on shared resources where appropriate.
- To provide monthly and quarterly reports on the performance of health related programmes to the Wellness Manager.
- In conjunction with the Sales and Fitness Operations Manager, develop legacy pathways for patients, which encourages and allows continued physical activity participation.
- To develop outreach programmes within communities, through consultation and networking within both Lifestyles, in partnership with internal departments and key city wide agencies.
- To act as the operational lead and point of contact with community connectors for social prescribing referrals received into Lifestyles.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications, up-to-date knowledge of the wellbeing industry and standards of good practice; and to organise as is necessary for staff to ensure that their qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- Assist the Wellness Manager in the development of wellbeing programmes that cover the key areas but not limited to mental wellbeing, physical wellbeing and healthy eating.
- To liaise with the marketing to ensure all programmes are promoted to the targeted audiences across a variety of marketing platforms and community networks.
- To maintain all relevant administrative records and reports and to be responsible for setting up new systems and processes relative to health related programmes.
- To ensure high standards of customer care at all times, and to respond to all customer enquiries/complaints effectively and efficiently.
- To develop and maintain professional working relationships with all internal and external parties, representing the charity at all times.
- Assist the Wellness Manager with the development of the annual budget for health related programmes.
Personal Attributes – Essential
- Presentable in personal appearance.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Positive assertiveness.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Enthusiastic and confident.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Supportive qualities that will encourage staff in their pursuit of personal goals.
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
- Professional pride.
- Mentoring skills for more junior members of staff.
Knowledge and Experience – Essential
- Level 3 GP referral
- Proven management and/or supervisory experience within a busy commercial health & fitness environment or health care setting
- Setting and monitoring performance targets/KPIs
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Health & Safety practices within a fitness facilities and health programmes environments..
- Experience of market research.
- Basic IT knowledge and literacy.
- Of financial procedures and budgetary management.
Knowledge and Experience – Desirable
- Level 4 – eg. Cardiac Rehab, Cancer Rehab, Weight Management
- Other qualifications relevant to your industry
- Membership of relevant professional / governing bodies.
- Knowledge of good practices within fitness facilities management.
Special Skills – Essential
- Good communication skills that allow you to inform, help and advise.
- Consultative leadership and people management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative & lead a team of people.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to encourage and motivate others.
- Ability to work and make decisions in unsupervised settings.
- Confidentiality in relation to staffing issues.
- Organisational, planning and administration skills.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure.
- Experience in problem solving.
- Good standard of literacy & numeracy.
- Good customer care skills.
- Time management skills.
- Good listening skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Effective report writing skills.
- A polite, tactful and friendly attitude.
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
- High standards of accuracy and attention to detail.
Special Skills – Desirable
- First Aid qualification.
- Delivery of training to groups and individuals.
- Able to prioritise own and others workloads
- Interest in health & fitness activities.
- Ability to work unsociable hours/weekends and be on call to attend at short notice.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.