Weekend Duty Manager (Leisure & Fitness)
Reference Number: AH038
Closing Date: 1st December 2023
Hours: 10 hours a week
Rate of Pay: £12.50 per hour
We are looking for a dynamic and energetic individual, ideally with the knowledge and experience of working in a busy leisure facility or customer facing venue. You will be passionate about providing a high-quality visitor experience for all our customers and ready to work hard alongside our enthusiastic teams to help ensure the centre effectively operates every day.
What we are looking for:
- Have a working knowledge and experience of the day to day operations and duties within a customer facing venue, preferably a leisure facility.
- Has acquired or be willing to complete a NPLQ and first aid at work qualification.
- An amazing customer focused individual to join our dynamic team.
- Ability to deliver an exceptional, personable and professional customer service and to motivate others to deliver the same.
- Being visible, polite, approachable and self-motivated to ensure staff are achieving high standards.
- Assisting the Centre Manager with various duties and taking ownership and responsibility for certain tasks such as preparing staff rotas.
- An enthusiastic individual who has good people managing skills and has an organised mind.
- Have an understanding of key areas: staff training, sales and marketing, health & safety, financial performance and development of the team.
The principal place of employment will be The Alan Higgs Centre Leisure Centre however you may be required to cover across all Centres, therefore a flexible attitude to work is essential.
Working pattern of 10 hours over the weekend can be discussed at the interview.
Apply today and Join Our Team!
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate. Please click on this link for further details: https://cvlife.co.uk/dbs/
Reporting to: Centre Manager
Responsible for: Lifeguards, Recreation Attendants, Receptionists, Cleaners, Maintenance and Café/Bar Staff.
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To work across CV Life sites ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centres’ facilities and activities, and to supervise all staff on duty.
Main duties of the role:
- To be directly responsible for managing all aspects of the Centre whilst on duty.
- To arrange and supervise the staff ratios, responsibilities, and observations for all Centre staff whilst on duty.
- To work with the management team and other colleagues to programme and prepare centre activities, bookings and events.
- To assist with budgetary and financial control procedures, ensuring the safe practices of cash handling, safe keeping of Centre takings whilst on duty and the management of purchase orders.
- To ensure that all services are delivered with the highest standards of customer care, and to take a lead role to ensure that customer enquiries/complaints are dealt with effectively and efficiently.
- To be responsible for monitoring, counselling, supporting, advising, coaching and the development of staff.
- To ensure that the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and the surrounding site is maintained to the required standard at all times.
- To be a Centre key holder, ensuring that the building is open and closed at the appropriate times, and to be on call should any emergency arise.
- To ensure that the building is secure at all times.
- To ensure adequate standards of Health and Safety for all people on site at all times, undertaking site inspections, liaising with staff and contractors to ensure that general maintenance and repairs are carried out as required.
- To respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the CV Life’s Health & Safety policy, being the appointed first aider while on duty.
- To be pro-actively involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities linked with the work of CV Life.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required to promote the activities of CV Life
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To undertake a variety of administrative tasks, maintain records and produce reports.
- To attend any relevant meetings and organise the same as is necessary with other staff and to lead in the absence of the Deputy / Centre Manager.
- To undertake human resources related procedures such as recruitment, disciplinary, absence management, etc.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
- To co-operate with managers and colleagues to ensure environmental responsibilities are complied with.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Determination to succeed.
- Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Flexible approach to work and working hours.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day-to-day operations and duties within a customer facing venue, preferably a leisure facility.
- Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT.
- Knowledge of Data Protection Regulations.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
- Knowledge of budgetary process and procedure.
Essential Special Skills
- Leadership skills.
- Team management skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Organisational and administration skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Time management skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Good listening skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills to produce letters, reports and calculate payments.
- To complete a NPLQ or equivalent.
- To complete a first aid at work qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- DBS Clearance
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org