Lifeguard (Casual) – The Wave
The Wave’ complex is a 600-capacity high octane waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition, there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences. The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
We are looking for lifeguards to work on a full-time basis to supervise the pool and waterpark and ensure that our customers are always in a safe and healthy environment when they visit the centre. You will be part of a team who will be responsible for providing a friendly, relaxed and professional experience to all. You will always need to be attentive, alert and be able to respond to incidents in a calm and speedy manner. It is essential that you are an enthusiastic person with a willingness to learn new skills.
Enhanced DBS clearance and a recognised pool lifeguard qualification will also be required. Although, full training to obtain a NPLQ qualification will be offered to applicants who demonstrate the right qualities for the role.
The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Water Park Supervisor and Duty Manager in the daily operation of the Centres facilities and activities.
- To hold a recognised lifeguard qualification in order to carry out duties on CV Life swimming pool.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and to be responsible for ensuring that all necessary qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and its surrounding site at all times.
- To continually refer to booking sheets and erect/dismantle equipment as appropriate.
- To gain experience and obtain governing body qualifications in a range of sports/activities.
- To provide assistance in aspects of coaching and session delivery.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To become familiar with the various procedures of reception duties, including all administrative aspects of record keeping and filing.
- To assist with the re-stocking of vending machines as required.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required to promote the activities of CV Life.
- To patrol the building regularly and report any problems/breakages to the Duty Manager.
- To attend any relevant meetings and forums as required.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the company’s Health and Safety policy.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: January 2019.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Desire to further training and career development prospects.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Relevant lifeguard qualification. (Training can be given).
- First aid qualification.
- Nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification.
- Sports coaching qualification.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including early mornings, evenings, weekends and Bank Holidays.