CV Life is seeking to employ a number of enthusiastic
individuals wanting to earn whilst they learn on our level 3 apprenticeship
programme working with Aspire Training Solutions.
The ideal candidates for this position will be hardworking,
self-motivated, able to show initiative and work well as part of a team, and
have a flexible attitude to work.
Duties include supporting our current pool helpers,
assisting with assessment of children, ensuring safe provision and supporting
with swimming lessons in our fast growing swim school.
Qualifications during the apprenticeship will include:
3 Community Sport and Health Officer
2 Award in Multi Skills Development in Sport
1 Swimming Assistant
2 Teaching Swimming
candidates will get 20% taken off job hours for coursework time.
All our apprenticeships provide you with the opportunity to enter into a wide range of career paths and further education.
DBS Clearance will be required for the
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist with the delivery of high quality swimming lessons to children following the Swim England: Learn to Swim Framework, and to undertake training and successfully achieve the following qualifications:-
• Level 3 Community Sport and Health Officer
• Level 2 Award in Multi-Skills Development in Sport
• Level 1 Swimming Assistant
• Level 2 Teaching Swimming
• RLSS Lifeguard
Main Duties of the Role
Main duties of the role:
- To support the delivery of swimming lessons ensuring that all-coaching sessions and practices are within the current guidelines of ASA and other governing bodies as are appropriate.
- To help set up the pool for swimming lessons ensuring the safe provision of all equipment and make sure that it is being used correctly
- To constantly update, manage and complete registers
- To support the assessment of children, hand out progression cards where applicable and assist with the completion of termly reports for each child and distribute to children.
- Support pool helpers during lessons
- To attend regular staff meetings/training/refreshers as necessary
- To work and communicate well with all staff and be able to communicate by email
- To try and meet all criteria set out in the swim observation sheet
- To be willing to help cover swimming lessons when possible
- Assist with the evaluation of lessons and provision of feedback
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment to encourage learning to swim
- To ensure that all-coaching and lifeguarding qualifications are maintained within the acceptable standards of the governing bodies.
- To be familiar with and act upon Health and Safety procedures within the swimming environment.
- To undertake and complete all training and studies, meeting deadlines as required.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and
updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Date: April 2019
• Ability to work on own initiative and part of a team
• Adaptable and flexible
• Supportive towards young people
• Have a positive can-do attitude
• Committed to service excellence
• Desire to further training and career development prospects
• Outwardly enthusiastic and confident
• A flexible approach to work
• Maintain a professional image at all times
Knowledge and Experience gained throughout Apprenticeship
• Relevant knowledge and experience of swimming development
• Awareness of safeguarding, health and safety and sports equity principles, policies and procedures
• Awareness of Health and Safety issues surrounding sports activities and facilities
• Organisational, planning and administration skills
• Communication skills
• Basic IT knowledge
• GCSE grade C or above in Mathematics and English
• Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
• Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
• DBS Clearance