Lifeguards – Centre AT7
CV Life is seeking to employ a number of
enthusiastic individuals at
Centre AT7 who will be required to undertake
duties as a Lifeguard.
Duties include supervision of the public,
ensuring the pool, dry sports facilities and auxiliary areas are used in a safe
and responsible manner, whilst also maintaining tidiness and hygiene. You will
be required to be
attentive, alert and be able to respond to incidents in a calm and speedy
The ideal candidates for these position will be
hardworking, self-motivated, able to show initiative and work well as part of a
team, and have the ability to prioritise tasks.
Successful applicants will be required to work
days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to
work is essential
Candidates would need to hold a recognised UK
National Pool lifeguard qualification.
*Please specify on your application if you are
applying for a 26 hour position or 34 hours*
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values
of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and
fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to
your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe
environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s
Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant,
reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and
development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as
required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly
and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either
operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing
of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To
generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always
maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where
necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your
qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
- To hold a recognised lifeguard qualification in order to carry out duties on Leisure Centre’s swimming pool.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and to be responsible for ensuring that all necessary qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and its surrounding site at all times.
- To continually refer to booking sheets and erect/dismantle equipment as appropriate.
- To gain experience and obtain governing body qualifications in a range of sports/activities.
- To provide assistance in aspects of coaching and session delivery.
- To provide assistance for the care of under 5’s Centre’s Crèche.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To become familiar with the various procedures of reception duties, including all administrative aspects of record keeping and filing.
- To assist with the re-stocking of vending machines as required.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required to promote the activities of the Company.
- To patrol the building regularly and report any problems/breakages to the Duty Manager.
- To attend any relevant meetings and forums as required.
- To assist in emergency ituations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the company’s Health and Safety policy.
To assist the Duty Manager in the daily
operation of the SportCentre’s
facilities and activities.
• Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated
• Show a flexible approach to work.
• Supportive to others.
• Adaptable and approachable
• Desire to further training and career development prospects
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Literacy and numeracy skills
- Relevant lifeguard qualification
- Nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification
- Sports coaching qualifications.
- First aid qualification
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank
- DBS clearance