Coventry Sports Foundation is seeking to recruit lifeguards who will be required to support the operational delivery of a varied aquatic programme and auxiliary facilities at Centre AT7, Xcel Leisure Centre, Alan Higgs Centre and Wave Waterpark.
The ideal candidates for these positions will be hardworking, self-motivated, able to show initiative and work well as part of a team, and have a flexible attitude to work. Duties include supervision of the public, ensuring facilities are used in a safe and responsible manner, whilst maintaining tidiness and hygiene of the new pool, dry sports facilities and auxiliary areas. The centre has a full and varied activity programme so an ability to prioritise tasks is essential.
Candidates would need to be a strong swimmer and be willing to obtain a recognised lifeguard qualification.
Successful applicants will be required to work/cover days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude is essential.
Please specify the centre you wish to work at on your application.
DBS Clearance will be required for the successful candidate.
Please click on this link for further details: https://cvlife.co.uk/dbs/
Reporting to: Duty Manager
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist the Duty Manager in the daily operation of the Sport Centre’s facilities and activities.
Main Duties of the Role
- To hold recognised lifeguard qualification in order to carry out duties on CV Life swimming pool.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and to be responsible for ensuring that all necessary qualifications are kept up-to-date.
- To continually refer to booking sheets and erect/dismantle equipment as required.
- To assist with maintaining the cleanliness and appearance of the Centre and its surrounding site at all times.
- To gain experience and obtain governing body qualifications in a range of sports/activities.
- To provide assistance in aspects of coaching and session delivery.
- To assist with the care of the under 5’s creche area.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To become familiar with the various procedures of reception duties, including all administrative aspects of record keeping and filing.
- To assist with the re-stocking of vending machines as required.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required to promote the activities of .CV Life.
- To patrol the building regularly and report any problems/breakages to the Duty Manager.
- To attend any relevant meetings and forums as required.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the company’s Health and Safety.
This Job Description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Outwardly enthusiastic and self-motivated.
- Show a flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Adaptable and approachable.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
- General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
- Relevant nationally recognised pool lifeguard qualification.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or under own supervision.
- Ability to use initiative in unsupervised settings.
- Communication skills.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org