Membership Sales Advisor
Life is looking to recruit a number of passionate individuals to assist with
growing the membership base at all of our centres across the city.
candidates will have a proven track record in a sales environment providing
excellent customer services and communication skills.
You will be
responsible for generating new memberships working closely with the Memberships
team, attending numerous outreach and corporate events.
The successful applicants for these positions may be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main duties of the role:
- To attend outreach and corporate events to aid in generating new leads.
- To sell a range of membership packages to members of the public and corporate clients, both on and off site.
- To follow up on all incoming enquires and self-generated leads via all methods of communication.
- To conduct sales tours of the Wave facility once opened to the public and give guidance on the best type of membership to suit their needs and requests.
- To assist with the administration of memberships sold.
- To provide a positive first impression and create ‘customer delight’ in respect of all enquirers to the company.
- To maximise sale enquiry opportunities through systematic delivery of the company’s sales process.
- To attend weekly sales meetings (as required) to provide relevant information pertaining to membership sales.
- To attend departmental meetings and development training as required.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To contribute to the sales targets, set out for the opening of The Wave waterpark. The successful candidate will attend outreach and corporate events to generate new leads and enhance conversion rates.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Date: January 2019
- Works on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Works well under pressure
- Deal positively with customer comments and enquires Resilient attitude
Knowledge and Experience
- Dealing with telephone and face to face sales
- Excellent customer service
- Experience in direct sales environment
- Basic IT Skills (Microsoft word and Excel)
- Good communication skills
- Able to deal with challenging customers
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Good organisation skills
- Ability to deal with members of the public in a polite and professional manner
- Ability to develop relationships at different levels and win the trust and respect of internal and external customers
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Basic knowledge of the fitness industry
- Ability to read and write to complete membership forms and other paperwork
- Mathematics skills to calculate membership costs
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification
- To be able
to commute around the city during the working day
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and bank holidays where necessary