Coventry Sports Foundation are looking to employ enthusiastic individuals who will be required to support the team in undertaking duties as a Receptionist delivering excellent customer service.
The ideal candidate for these positions will be hardworking, able to show initiative and will work well as part of a team.
You will possess strong interpersonal skills both written, on the telephone and face to face with customers and clients, have good problem-solving skills and good attention to detail. You will also be familiar with the use of a computer.
The principal place of employment will be Moat House Leisure Centre and the successful applicants will be required to cover days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Reporting to: Duty Manager
Coventry Sports Foundation and Culture Coventry Trust are operating as CV Life, so that the scope of this Job Description as a CV Life document extends to cover the employment of employment contracts held with either Coventry Sports Foundation or Culture Coventry Trust.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To co-ordinate bookings, admissions and general enquiries as the first point of contact within the organisation.
Main Duties of the Role
- Promote exceptional customer standards at all times with contact through email, telephone or face to face.
- To accept and process bookings for the various facilities within the guidelines of the relevant procedures.
- To constantly monitor activities alongside the scheduled bookings and inform staff as to sessional and changeover requirements.
- To operate the cash register for activity admission whilst ensuring that discount cards are shown by people wishing to pay concessionary rates.
- To ensure that payment records and accounts for activities are maintained within the respective files.
- To reconcile the cash register and takings at the end of each shift.
- To ensure the appropriate levels of admittance to those sessions and classes that have limited availability.
- To process Priority Card and Passport to Leisure applications.
- To deal with all telephone enquiries using standard operating procedures and record messages on behalf of staff who are unable to take calls using internal e-mail system.
- To process the daily postal deliveries, ensuring that staff receive incoming mail promptly.
- Input memberships onto the computerised booking system and ensure that supplementary information is accurate and detailed.To ensure that all visitors adhere to the procedures for signing in and out of the premises.
- To regularly update and file all records kept at reception.
- To monitor and maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the reception area at all times.
- To ensure that adequate levels of information leaflets are produced and displayed within the reception area.
- To attend training/refresher courses as are appropriate to maintain standards of good practice.
- To assist in emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the Company’s Health & Safety.
- To attend any relevant meetings as appropriate.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the Company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE or those that might at any time be subsequently re-defined.
- To undertake all duties and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to the specific requirements of the role.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Companies / Trusts or where services are delivered by the Companies / Trusts.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the Companies / Trusts. To generally help promote the work and public image of the Companies / Trusts, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children, young people ad vulnerable adults, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To undertake other duties as specified, which are appropriate to the qualifications, experience and general level of the post.
Essential Personal Attributes
- Approachability to staff and customers.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
- Adaptable and approachable.
- Enthusiastic to assist others.
Essential Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience within a reception environment.
- Knowledge of electronic booking systems.
- Experience of cash handling.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Essential Special Skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- and under own supervision.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent customer care skills.
- Ability to handle customer complaints in an appropriate manner.
- Good organisational skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, and Bank Holidays.
- Ability to travel between sites.
- Interest in working with underrepresented and disadvantaged community groups/individuals.
If you have any enquires, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org