We are looking for an exceptional Spa Therapist to work on a
part-time basis being a part of an exciting opportunity within a brand-new Spa
Wave’ complex waterpark in Coventry City Centre, which incorporates six
thrilling rides, wave pool, lazy river & toddler area. In addition,
there are state-of-the-art fitness facilities, including a 25m pool, squash
courts, and the tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences.
The facilities also include a Bistro with alfresco dining area.
candidate will have excellent guest care skills and be fully trained in NVQ
Level 3, but most importantly we are looking
for people who share our vision and values and have a genuine passion for
To become our Spa Therapist,you will know and understand what it means to deliver amazing hospitality and will thrive on the challenge of always exceeding guest’s expectations. You will be expected to achieve a level of service through the constant monitoring of our established brand standards. You will deliver treatments and consultations continually to a high standard and will be a strong team player. The successful applicant will be required to work days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude to shift work is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main duties of the role:
- Effectively promote Mana Spa and beauty treatments to our guests to meet and when possible exceed targets for therapist utilization, repeat bookings, and treatments performed.
- Up sell treatments and retail to maximise spa sales.
- Ensure all spa and beauty bookings are made in the most effective and productive manner, maximising treatment opportunities.
- Going out of the way to ensure all clients journeys are fulfilled to a high standard.
- Lead the way by showing willingness to perform treatments and presenting yourself to both staff and guests in full Mana Spa uniform.
- Carry out spa treatments and services to a high standard as set during training, following correct procedures and correct use of products.
- Actively maintain a good knowledge of all spa services, prices and products, attending spa training sessions and regular refreshment with manuals provided.
- Ensure that all agreed targets as set out by the spa manager are consistently met.
- Ensure that the spa is presented in excellent visual presentation, taking responsibility for all treatment areas.
- Take pride in the organisation and cleanliness of the therapy rooms and leave tidy and restocked for the following therapist to use.
- Ensure all standard operating procedures as detailed in the manual are followed accordingly.
- Follow all Health & Safety procedure and instructions accordingly and ensure a safe spa. Actively report to the Spa Manager, any issues relating to the operation and ideas for improvements.
- Ensure client consultation forms are filled out correctly and act accordingly towards any contra-indications and requests by adapting the treatment to the client.
- Seek direct feedback from customers at all times, reporting feedback to the spa manager. Display excellent customer service and awareness at all times.
- Demonstrate an excellent, overall knowledge of Mana Spa products to advise guests.
- Help manage stock levels by following usage guideline set during training.
- Ensure correct handling and security of retail and professional stock distributed or received.
- Ensure the correct use of the spa POS system.
- Develop positive working relationships with all team members to encourage teamwork.
- Attend regular meetings with colleagues and Spa Manager.
These are the main accountabilities; however you will be required to carry out other duties which help with the smooth running of operations as designated by your Manager.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Date January 2019.
- Self-motivated and passionate about health and beauty.
- Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
- Ability to be positively persuasive.Friendly and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work.Positive attitude and highly motivated.
- Interest in health and fitness.
Knowledge and Experience
- Working knowledge and experience within a spa therapist position.
- Product knowledge of industry related services.
- Experience in retailing spa products
- Experience of working within the leisure industry. Knowledge of trends in the current market.
- Experience making bookings over the telephone and through third parties.
- Communication skills.Ability to relate to a diverse range of people.Customer care skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
- Ability upsell products and services with Mana SpaProfessional telephone manner.
- Ability to recommend products in a friendly manner.
- Basic / Intermediate IT knowledge
- Basic knowledge of working with POS systems
- Various product brand knowledge.
- NVQ Level 3 Beauty Therapy, or equivalent
- Extra qualifications achieved in the beauty industry
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings,
weekends and bank holidays.