CVLife are looking for Spa attendants to provide cover at our tranquil Mana Spa, which includes treatment rooms & heat experiences.
As our Spa Attendant, your key responsibility will be to maintain the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness throughout the Spa. You will also assist with the journey of the guests and members and be ready to deliver exceptional service. We’re looking for friendly, confident and hardworking people who have masses of enthusiasm and have the ability to work and maintain high standards.
The principle place of employment will be at the Spa within the Wave Waterpark and the successful applicants will be required to cover days, early mornings, evenings and weekends, therefore a flexible attitude is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Company’s commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To comply with the General Data Protection Regulations when dealing with, maintaining, sharing and storing information.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure high standards of cleanliness within the spa are met, and to maintain all equipment, reporting any issues to the Spa Manager.
Main duties of the role:
- Greet guests in a friendly and courteous manner during all interactions.
- Maintain the cleanliness and serenity of all areas of the spa.
- Assist with spa tours for day guests and member prospects.
- Assisting receptionist with welcoming clients when unavailable.
- Making refreshments for clients throughout facility.
- Ensure change rooms are stocked with appropriate items (towels, etc) and therapy rooms are stocked thoroughly, repeatedly checked throughout the day.
- Ensure clean laundry is available at all times for restocking.
- Assist spa therapists with room changeovers for treatments.
- Assist therapist with the close of a sale as and when needed.
- Handle all guest interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism.
- Provide accurate information about the city and surrounding attractions when asked by guests.
- Daily operations including opening and closing procedures, facility inspections, and general facility maintenance.
- Daily inspections of the facilities (for example sauna, steam) to be carried out every 30minutes and correct procedures to be followed.
- Stay up to date with current rates, rate changes and all promotions.
- Reports any incident or accident to the Spa Manager.
- Demonstrate sincere guest focus and true appreciation for the guest experience.
Personal attributes – Essential
- Friendly and approachable.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Supportive to others.
- Good listener.
- Enthusiastic to assist others.
Personal attributes – Desirable
- Interest in Spa and Wellness
Knowledge and Experience – Essential
- Previous experience working as a leisure attendant or public facing service.
Knowledge and Experience – Desirable
- Experience of working within the leisure industry
Special skills – Essential
- Communication skills.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people.
- Customer care skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
General intelligence – Essential
- Basic IT knowledge
- Basic literacy
Qualifications – Essential
- NVQ Level 2 Beauty Therapy
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.