Sports Coach Helper
CV Life are looking to recruit enthusiastic sports coach helpers to join our Sports Development Team to assist with the delivery of high quality sports sessions in schools and sports centres. Candidates will be assisting with the delivery of PE lessons and breakfast, lunch and after school clubs. The successful applicant will be required to work mainly weekdays, however a flexible attitude to shift work is essential. A Sports Leaders Award or equivalent would be an advantage.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of your position.
Main Duties of the Role
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To assist with the organisation, development and delivery of all aspects of the Schools’ PE Programmes and all other Community Development programmes.
- To regularly assist in the delivery of the prescribed number of coaching sessions to those schools who are associated with the School Curriculum programme and out of school clubs.
- To assist in the delivery of coaching sessions as organised within the objectives of the project’s school and community outreach programme.
- To always assist in the delivery of coaching sessions in a manner consistent with sound coaching principles and the social objectives of the project, adhering to the project’s unit and lesson plans.
- To be actively involved in Sports Development issues outside of coaching programmes, including events, meetings and activity promotion as directed by the Sports Development Manager.
- To assist in the planning, review and development of all new and existing unit and lesson plans and Sports Development work programmes.
- To set up and break down equipment as necessary for sessions, adhering to the correct procedures for the safe handling and storing of equipment.
- To ensure that adequate standards of Health & Safety considerations are maintained at all times, in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- To assist with responding to accidents with the appropriate measures of first aid, ensuring that all records relating to accidents are completed immediately afterwards.
- To contribute to the professional development and guidance of Further Education and Work Placement students.
- To seek personal professional development by pursuing relevant experiences and appropriate qualifications.
- To attend regular internal training days to improve subject knowledge.
- To attend safeguarding training within the company and adopt its policies.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels. Dated: September 2018.
- Ability to work on own initiative & lead a team of people
- Adaptable and flexible
- Supportive towards young people
- Ability to be positively persuasive and motivate individuals and teams.
Knowledge and Experience
- Understanding of safeguarding, health and safety and sports equity principles, policies and procedures.
- Health and Safety issues surrounding sports activities and facilities.
- Relevant Safeguarding, Equity and Coaching Disabled Performers training.
- Experience of working with disadvantaged groups.
- Experience of working with special needs children.
- Understanding of PE delivery in schools.
- Relevant knowledge and experience of sports development, including club and coach development.
- Knowledge of relevant national governing body programmes, policies and procedures.
- Coaching Skills.
- Organisational and administration skills.
- Communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Ability to adapt sessions appropriately dependent on the needs of the group
- Basic IT knowledge, numeracy and literacy
- At least one Level 2 NGB qualification or equivalent.
- Continually working towards sports coaching qualifications.
- Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Ability to travel between sites during the working day.
- DBS Clearance