Sports Complex Supervisor – (Woodlands Sports Complex)
CV Life is seeking to employ enthusiastic individuals who will be required to undertake duties as a Sports Complex Supervisor at Woodlands Sports Complex for a fixed period until 31st March 2021. The ideal candidates for these positions will be hardworking, able to show initiative and work well as part of a team.
Good organisation is essential, as the successful applicant will ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities. Duties include setting up equipment, cleaning and dealing with customer enquiries. You will be required to maintain
the highest level of health and safety and customer service.
These positions are ideal if you have study or family commitments as working hours include evenings or weekend work and a flexible attitude to shift work is essential as there is a requirement for lone working.
A First Aid at Work qualification is essential.
Responsibilities for all employees
- To embrace and lead by example on the company’s key values of PRIDE, PASSION and PERFORMANCE.
- To undertake your duties to the best of your ability and fully comply with all of the Company’s general standards and those relating to your specific role.
- To support the Companys commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, ensuring awareness of the Company’s Safeguarding Policy, Procedures and Practice Guidance, and to be vigilant, reporting any safeguarding concerns without delay.
- To attend and fully engage with all internal training and development requirements and opportunities, and maintain such qualifications as required by the demands of the role.
- To interact positively with customers adopting a friendly and professional approach at all times.
- To carry out tasks at a range of sites that are either operated or managed by the Company or where services are delivered by the Company.
- To be involved in any aspects or opportunities for sharing of good practice, expertise and responsibilities within the company. To generally help promote the work and public image of the company, always maintaining high standards of customer service and personal appearance.
- To undertake other duties and provide short-term cover where necessary, as specified by Management, which are appropriate to your qualifications, experience and general level of Your position.
Overall purpose and objective of the role:
To ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the Sports Centre’s facilities and activities.
Main duties of the role:
- Work directly with the community clubs and groups and ensuring that services and facilities meet
- those needsResponsible for the opening up & locking and alarming of Academy buildings that are in use for community lettings.
- Ensure that all sports organisers and visitors act is a safe and responsible manner whilst on the premises
- Be responsible for all Health and Safety requirements.
- Complete housekeeping tasks for all areas as outlined and set.
- Complete a daily site walk and site inspection
- Ensure that all staff maintain a safe and clean environment in the Sports Complex and any areas used by community hirers at all times
- Carry out any necessary cleaning and maintenance to ensure the facility is accessible and well-maintained.
- To undertake First Aid and defibrillator training and any job related Health and Safety training when required
- Ensure all relevant administrative work is carried out in accordance with the facilities’ management.
- Provide appropriate assistance and support to community users and clubs.
- Understand and apply all professional and legislative knowledge on issues associated with the Service
- Attend line management, staff and team meetings, in-service opportunities supervision sessions and performance management as directed by the Sports Complex Manager and service needs
- Checking safety of equipment and premises, ensuring relevant services are carried out at the correct intervals
- Undertake such duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading, as requested by the Sports Complex Manager, Business Manager or Head Teacher.
- To respond to all emergency situations in accordance with the procedures detailed in the
- Foundation’s Health & Safety policy, being the appointed first aider while on duty.
- To be pro-actively involved in the organisation and development of new and existing promotional activities linked with the work of the Foundation.
- To visit venues outside the Centre as required by a more senior member of staff, to promote the activities of the Foundation.
- To attend training/refresher courses as appropriate to maintain qualifications and standards of good practice.
- To undertake a variety of administrative tasks, maintain records and produce reports.
- To attend any relevant meetings and organise the same as is necessary with other staff and to lead in the absence of the Centre Manager.
- To undertake human resources related procedures such as recruitment, disciplinary, absence management, etc.
This job description is neither exhaustive nor exclusive and may be reviewed and updated depending upon operational requirements and staffing levels.
Personal attributes ( Essential )
• Determination to succeed
• Excellent communicator to various levels of internal and external representation.
• Adaptable and approachable.
• High levels of self-motivation and organisation.
• Outwardly enthusiastic and confident.
• Flexible approach to work and working hours.
Knowledge and Experience (Essential)
• Working knowledge and experience of the day to day duties within a leisure facility.
• Working knowledge and experience of Microsoft packages and IT.
• Knowledge of Data Protection Regulations
• General knowledge of Health and Safety practices surrounding sports and leisure facilities.
Knowledge and Experience (Desirable)
• Knowledge of financial procedures
Special skills (Essential)
• Leadership skills
• Team management skills
• Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
• Ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Organisational and administration skills.
• Problem solving skills.
• Customer care skills.
• Time management skills.
• Professional telephone manner.
• Good listening skills.
General intelligence (Essential)
• Literacy and numeracy skills to produce letters, reports and calculate payments.
• First Aid at Work Qualification
• Ability to work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
If you have any enquiries, please contact our Human Resources Team by emailing email@example.com