Culture Coventry’s application to continue receiving funding from Art Council England’s National Portfolio has been successful.
The news was announced on Friday (November 4) by the Arts Council, with Culture Coventry getting the same level of funding it previously received.
This means the organisation’s work can continue, providing a range of exciting programming until at least 2026.
It is good news for lovers of the arts, as well as both schools and community groups in and around Coventry, who will continue to benefit from services offered at venues such as The Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, The Coventry Transport Museum and the Lunt Roman Fort.
The Art Council’s National Portfolio is a lifeline to hundreds of culture venues up and down the country. The portfolio is generally oversubscribed, and this year the Arts Council received double the number of applications for the next three-year period than the previous three years.
While this sadly meant some organisations did miss out, this level of competition helps to highlight both the quality of Culture Coventry’s application and the importance of the award.
Marguerite Nugent, Cultural Director at Culture Coventry, said she is ‘delighted’ with the news and spoke of the importance of the funding.
“We are pleased to announce Culture Coventry’s application to continue receiving funding from the Art Council’s National Portfolio has been successful,” Marguerite said.
“The National Portfolio funding is hugely important to organisations like ours, so we’re delighted with the news.
“We look forward to being able to continue to deliver impactful programmes, events and activities which really make a difference to the people of Coventry.
“At the same time, we also want to express solidarity with friends and colleagues who have not received the same good news. Our thoughts are with everyone whose applications were not successful, recognising the huge amount of work and energy that is invested in them.”
Article written by Danny Thompson.